Art and other stuff

Monday, September 26, 2011

What am I reading?

The past two years have been a marathon of literature for me.   I haven't picked up a book since the middle of the summer though....well not one that I read for my own pleasure.  It is a complete turn around. I was going through at least 4 books a month for a while sometimes more.  My reading list does not necessarily contain deep thought provoking material.  I have been known to dig into a good or rather a "good" ;)paranormal fiction.


On the more thoughtful side, here are some of my favourites:

The Birth House by Ami McKay                  The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson

Red Tent by Anita Diamant                         The Slap By Christos Tsiolkas

The Book of Negroes by Lawerence Hill      Water for Elephants by Sara-Gruen

The Guernsey Literary Potato Peel Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows


And my stimulating and fun list!

Women of the Otherworld Series by Kelley Armstrong
I particularly enjoy the stories focusing on Elena Michaels.  Kelley Armstrong is a Canadian author from Southwestern Ontario!!!

The Hallows Series by Kim Harrison

Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter by Laurell K Hamilton
This is a terribly risque series(they really do get over the top)

No comments:

Post a Comment