Art and other stuff

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Blog train

 I have been blessed to meet a bunch of wonderful, fantastic, dynamic, creative, thoughtful mothers this past year.  One of them decided to start a new blog....not sure what it is called yet....  she was partly encouraged by others in the group who already have blogs.  Her email led me to look through some of the other's blogs today. I followed a line that connected them all and started with one of the ladies posting a link on facebook to a beautiful video that she had found about mothering. Check out this Must see video for mothers . And then it was a blog topic here at Hairlesspuppy , and then apparently here at A muddled mama and then here at Funkylindsay.com with some more comments from other wonderful mothers I know spattered in there as well.  So now I am going to be a copy cat and share my thoughts on this beautiful video.    Here are my thoughts on what I would tell myself if I could go back before each of my births.



Things I would tell myself before Seamus' birth:

*doulas do make a difference and midwifery care is worth it!

*when you cannot talk through contractions you are probably going to have a baby soon (it doesn't matter if labour only started a couple hours ago)

*it is okay to cry, pick yourself up and try again even after you decide to wean

*MAKE NO DECISIONS on breastfeeding between the hours of 1 a.m. and 7 a.m.

*you may not be 'in love' with your baby right away

*forgive yourself!!!

*accept and ask for help

*you don't need a crib (or much of the baby stuff for that matter) but you do need flexibility and an open mind when it comes to night time parenting


Things I would tell myself before Liam's birth:

*you will get frustrated with your first baby when your new baby arrives and you will feel guilty

*your toddler will love you anyway, even when he has to wait for a crying baby

*nursing two at a time feels really weird.....but so worth it

*they will get hurt and it will hurt you to see it

*they really mean it when they say each child is different



Things I would tell myself before Eoin's birth:


*it is okay to cry when one toddler needs a hug, the other insists on being on the potty and the new one needs to nurse (simultaneously)

*you will be able to love each and everyone one of them with all of your heart

*DO NOT take permanent measures to avoid pregnancy before your last baby is well over one year old


No comments:

Post a Comment