Art and other stuff

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Custom War Hammer 40K figure: guest post Liam

WAR HAMMER 40K OUT OF APOXIE AND MEGA BLOCKS

I got some money for my birthday.  I waited until we went to Kitchener to an art shop, Curry's Art Store if you want specifics.  I bought some Apoxie Sculpt and then after we got home I waited a bit, a day or so, then we went to Walmart and I bought a Dragons Universe figure. It also comes with a flying bike thingy. I used the bike to play around with because my other  one got broken :( .

Here is what I did with all that stuff:

Apoxie Sculpt is a two part modeling compound.  It is mixed 50/50.

After you get that figure and the Apoxie you start to sculpt around the figure. You can use disposable gloves if you want but the Apoxie doesn't do any thing, it just makes your hands waxy.  Then you sculpt the helmet around the head that is on the figure, and then you sculpt the pauldrons (pauldrons are basically shoulder pads).  Oh and make some weapons.   Then you wait approximately 24 hours, and then you paint it.  It will dry in 3 or 4 minutes. And then he is ready to fight the demons of hell. :3

the finished figure

side view
yet another side view

back view


work in progress


2 comments:

  1. You boys continue to astound me with your innate ability to find new ways to express your creativity. I am eager to see what you come up with next.

    ReplyDelete