Art and other stuff

Sunday, March 11, 2012

the simple things

20 things that bring me joy.......... a non comprehensive and not necessarily prioritized list:

  1. Waking up next to the man of my dreams each morning
  2. ...and then turning to see one of our little men crawling in for a cuddle
  3. The smiles that go beyond the lips and reach deep into the boys' eyes.
  4. Watching them create, paint, draw.....all of them in their own way, including the man of my dreams
  5. A good hair day......don't judge.... I like my hair
  6. Watching Willow roll in the snow like she would never want to be anywhere else
  7. The freckles on our wee-est one's nose
  8. The deep dark stare of our second oldest wee one
  9.  Knowing that our oldest little man only has 1/2 and inch to go before he is taller than his mom
  10. Belly laughs from the boys' room...even if it is at midnight
  11. Seeing a mother wear her baby
  12. Organization
  13. Our yard
  14. A freshly renovated room
  15. Firsts (first word, first smile, first kiss, first snow, first warm day.........)
  16. My husband coming in from work, safe and sound
  17. The hugs I get when he comes home from work (even if I am trying to cook dinner)
  18. Dancing in my living room
  19. Windsor style Pizza
  20. Remembering my birth stories

2 comments:

  1. I would have to say that the first thing on my list of things that bring me joy would be witnessing the joy of those I love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I now have 2 that are WELL taller than me. It takes some getting used to! Not to mention that they horsing around with them can be dangerous - they're considerably stronger than I am. They learned quickly they need to be careful with little ol' mom. :) These are the days where you really come to realize that parenting by relationship and not physical power for all these years was a very very good idea, because suddenly, you have no "power" over them physically.

    ReplyDelete