Art and other stuff

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Write On!

My boys are writing.   It is almost 10 pm and they were supposed to be in bed about an hour ago ( I have been up since 5 am so I was ready for them to go to bed an hour ago).   Instead they are writing. They are writing enthusiastically.  Telling of stories between each other, feeding off of each other's ideas, creating involved imaginative worlds, that of all things often stars their webkinz "like" animal collection, happens day in and day out here.  The writing down of these thoughts not so much.  They draw their stories, 'story board' their plays, comics and movies of the future, animate their ideas and tell their stories (over and over and over). They are most recently designing and then creating with scrap material the costumes for their 'stars' but they don't usually write the stories down.   It is hard for me to send them off to bed when they are so excited about putting their words to print.    I enjoy writing, so it thrills me to see them with eyes lit up as they jot down their thoughts.  I don't want to end the flow of thoughts and writings they are producing. 




I attended an Usborne book party a couple weeks ago.  Books are a problem for me.  I love books!  Chris has an even deeper attraction to books I think so it is not like there is a balance in our house; no one to remain sane about the acquiring of print material. This round of book purchases focused on arts and crafts books (can't wait to try them out) as well as "The Usborne Write Your Own Story Book" .  I have other story starter books for the kids and have printed off online resources for story starters but none have seemed to capture their attention like this new resource.


Write your own story book

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like the boys are on the "write" track to becoming amazing authors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are 'advanced' ;) I tell you!

    ReplyDelete