Art and other stuff

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Words on a white board

When we finshed the boys new room we put up a white board for them.  My original thought was for them to be able to doodle or write notes for themselves.   The first night they had it up we decided to add a picture and little note for them to wake up to along with a new word and quote.  They loved it and the next night they brought me the board to my room to make sure that it was fresh for the morning.  I can tell you that on a few nights when we have arrived home in the wee hours the last thing I want to do is take the time to research words and quotes or be creative with a new picture....however the last thing they say when they go to sleep is "don't forget to do the board".  

It is also a nice way for Chris to send the a personal message now that he is back to work from his vacation time.  I am grateful as well that he is sharing in the task each night.  Actually he has taken more of it on than I have.  It is funny how the little things make such a big impact.

No comments:

Post a Comment