Art and other stuff

Monday, August 29, 2011

Parenting blunder

We are not always at our shining best.  There are times that we will, as my children say so frequently, "epically fail".  With my husband's permission I thought I would share one of his not so bright moments.  I have my own of course but his are so much funnier.

He was not in the most chipper of moods last night, not a bad mood really just not a good mood.  After a long round of family Carcassone (a tile based game) he asked the boys to head off to brush their teeth and hop into bed.  Giving them a bit to complete the task, Chris heads upstairs to see them off to bed.  I hear him ask our youngest " Eoin have you brushed your teeth yet?".  I am assuming Chris was doubtful that the answer was going to be favourable because he next stated "If you tell me no you are going to be in trouble".   Where was Eoin to go with this?  It was a complete set up. Eoin was being pushed to lie to his dad about brushing his teeth. An unintentional set up, but a conundrum none the less for Eoin.   Eoin piped up in his usual style and exclaimed with a goofy look (half amused, half unsure). "ummm Dad if I tell you I brushed my teeth I will get in trouble for lying and if I tell you the truth I will still get in trouble..................sooooooo..........I am going with no I didn't brush my teeth". 

Good for Eoin for standing up for himself and for Chris who was able to see the humour and utter silliness of the situation later on.  I certainly got a few good laughs out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment