Art and other stuff

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Game night by candlelight

Lights out everyone?  To be honest I didn't even know Earth Hour was being acknowledged today until I read it on msn.ca.  I don't know if I would have even remembered there was such an event.....I did say I was semi-crunchy.  And that is probably where the semi comes in.  We certainly do a number of things to be respectful of this planet however I do not think I could be labelled particularly environmental focused.  Tonight we did observe the one hour lights out event for Earth Hour.  We were enjoying Earth Hour so much that it stretched to closer to two hours without lights and any electronic devices.  We passed our time playing board games by the fireplace surrounded by candles.   We started out with some hot chocolate and a game of Scribble-ish by Cranium and then moved on to Tribond.   It was nice to sit by the candlelight giggling with each other. 

Skip ahead an hour and here I sit at the computer writing a blog and the boys and Chris are each playing video games.  So much for energy reduction. Tonight's experience though has moved me to think that maybe we will try to set up a 1-2 hour electricity free night every week.  Who says game night can't be by candlelight every week?

No comments:

Post a Comment