Art and other stuff

Thursday, February 10, 2011

What took so long?

I was reading my last post which was too long ago!  Was I that negative?  No not really, but I really did want nothing to do with resolutions.  It has actually been a great new year so far.   I feel like I am in a smooth parenting groove and the mood around the house has been great.  I have been itching to write on the blog for a while.  Not even sure why it hasn't happened yet....oh wait Chris and I got caught up in watching Dexter...all 6 seasons. That took up a lot of time and a lot of late nights.

My days have been filled with organizing the house for the homestudy and working on our new weekly schedule.   The boys and I have been doing what we call 'focus time' or working on basic academic skills on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.  The amount each of them spends is dependant on age.  Eoin generally works for an hour, Liam with 15 mintues more and Seamus works for about 1 1/2 hours.  We work together on worksheets, activities or computer programs.  It has been working relatively smoothly.  When Liam for example needs one on one with a worksheet Eoin will set to work on a french language program.  

In thinking about it we have had a number of projects on the go that have been time consuming.  This year we moved the ice rink to a more open area of our property and enlarged it.  What a challenging endeavour that has been!!!  We started out at a disadvantage with a liner that had a number of holes and the ground was very slopped.  Make sure the liner is fee of leaks!   With a lot of trial and error and too many hours put in by my father and Chris and I it finally was skate ready last week.  It was worth all the work though to watch the boys skate at night lit only by the spotlights on the garage.   Those are things we all remember most in life; the time we spend connecting with those important to us!  They won't remember the days we spend working on worksheets near as clearly as playing hockey in the backyard together.

No comments:

Post a Comment