Art and other stuff

Friday, February 11, 2011

Snowflakes, snowflakes and more snowflakes

We made snowflakes at the beginning of the winter.  I now have snowflakes strung from one end of my house to the other upstairs and down.  Usually when I try to offer up a craft to the boys it is shunned or loses its momentum quickly.  The snowflakes took hold though.  Eoin in particular enjoyed crafting flakes out of paper.  When we first started cutting away they were looking like the typical snowflakes that don the halls of every school this time of year.  Circlular or square-ish in shape for most part with cut outs to give it the feel of a snowflake.  Frustrated I began looking at it more closely to figure out how to cut out more defined points.  I had read up on folding to acheive 6 point snowflakes but even still they came out round.   After playing around a bit I finally figure it out with fun results. 
Here is the link to instructables.com, one of the sites I looked up to try to acheive.
Instructables.com 6 point Snowflake

These are some of our results.


No comments:

Post a Comment