Art and other stuff

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Prepping for Trick or Treat

2002  Pregnant Pumpkin Belly Art

I absolutely love getting dressed up!!!  I can't NOT get dressed up each year.  Even though we have no where to go (pout) I still get dressed up for the hour long trick or treating with the kids where only a handful of people get to see my efforts.

For a number of years we have encouraged the boys to put together their own costumes.  There have been some bought ones but not too many.  Each year we take a trip in the big city, which some may know can be quite the trek.  We find a couple of Value Village shops and go to town.  I don't really save money.  I end up spending about the same as if we bought everyone a department store costume but they are so much more fun.  This year as we were walking out of the store with all our costumes in the bag Eoin was giddy with excitment for this years costume.   He exclaimed that he was so hyped up to have a homemade one again this year and that he was disappointed that he went with a store bought one last year.  

So the theme this year is zombies.   We are all going to be zombies from different walks of life.   We have a  biker zombie which was inspiration from finding a leather jacket, a nuclear power worker zombit because Liam is.....well he is Liam, a tourist zombie, and a yokel zombie.  Me, I instantly knew what I wanted when I walked past the fake furs hanging on the rack.  I almost walked out of the store this year without a costume feeling silly for buying one for just that hour of trick or treating but Chris reminded me that even if it is just that hour it makes me happy and fills me with smiles.   I can't wait to get my fur on and go to town.

Here is some practice make up that I did on the boys the other night. I watch the tutorial at youtube zombie/bruised flesh by RISA  I knew that we needed a trial go fo it so we didn't have disappointment mere moments before they had to head out.  I think they turned out okay but they loved it so that is what was key.   They actually looked better in person as the camera added too much light.  And I learned some things that I will tweek for the real deal.

Trick or Treat here we come!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment