Art and other stuff

Monday, October 3, 2011

With glowing hearts





I AM.         YOU KNOW I AM.       I AM CANADIAN




....okay I don't drink beer, actually I despise the taste of the stuff but I loved the little ditty when Molson brought it out.  I am a proud Canadian.  It is a beautiful country that we live in.  The beauty lies in the landscape and in the people. I am particularly into Canadian artists.  I like music for music but it adds an extra thrill to hear Canadian bands/artists getting radio play.  It is a reminder that America is not all there is to North American culture.
The newest Canadian edition to the music collection is Bookends.  Here is two of the songs off the cd (Lovesong, Glamour Girl).  One half of the band is very local.  The sound is fun; most easily described as a bit folky but with a modern pop twist.  The instrumental tracks are so well put together.  I can't get some of the tunes out of my head.

My earlier (and remaining) Canadian loves:
Moxy Fruvous  (King of Spain and Stuck in the 90s)
Sloan (Underwhelmed)
Jan Arden (Good Mother)
Great Big Sea (When I am Up and Consequence Free)
Sarah Harmer (Basement Apartment and Open Window)
Barenaked Ladies (Brian Wilson and It's All Been Done Before)
Dream Warriors (My definition of Boombastic)

And right now I am into
Hedley (She's So Sorry and Sweater Song) and every other one of their songs
These Kids Wear Crowns (I Wanna Dance with Somebody  and This Party Never Stops)
Lights  (Toes and My Boots)
Simple Plan (Jet Lag and When I'm Gone)
Faber Drive (You and I tonight and Get Up and Dance)

1 comment:

  1. haha ha.. hilariously I recently mentioned on my blog how I thought the cover of Whitney Houston (these kids where crowns) was lame!

    REGARDLESS. Canadian music rules my listening world (that and broadway musicals, tv theme songs and golden oldies)

    Here is a playlist of some of my favourites - http://www.funkylindsay.com/2011/06/canadian-musical-love-2/

    ReplyDelete