Art and other stuff

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Empty arms

Why am I a so sad that I don't have a wee babe in my arms right now?  This is not me. I have never been the person to crave holding other people's babies. Don't get me wrong, I love ALL your babies but what warms my heart is seeing you all wear or hold them yourselves, where they belong. 

So why am I feeling the emptiness of these arms today so strongly?  This baby deserves to be in the arms of its own mother as well as any other baby but the baby also deserves to be in safe arms and if it can't be its own mother then let it be someone who can be there for baby.

We would have been the temporary caregivers to these tiny children with only a chance that they would become part of our permanent family, yet my arms still feel empty.  Very empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment