Art and other stuff

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Revision requested!

A couple months back I wrote about spanking.   My mother has read the blog and would like the clarification made that I was only spanked once in my life.    I would like to add that she does not support spanking (particularly of her grandchildren).  I can understand her desire for that information to be correct. It was information about her parenting and her life so I have the responsibility to recount the story properly.  I do only remember one spanking.  

In effect it also makes my point.  It could be said that I wasn't "spanked" but was only spanked once and I turned out FANTASTIC!  I am a law abiding, functioning member of this society. I volunteer, I donate to charity (well I donate a portion of my husband's income), I say please and thank you, I get up from my seat to give it to others, I give that smile to the parent who has the tempering toddler when they just need someone to understand, I bag my own groceries, I have worked with children and the elderly.......okay it could certainly get old.  Point being I turned out just fine without being spanked.

Thank you mom for being the parent you were and still are.

No comments:

Post a Comment