Art and other stuff

Sunday, January 15, 2012

We're going.......


I have spent the last month planning and prepping for the big trip.  Who knew that planning a trip to Disney would be so involved!!  Okay.....I did but we went ahead and planned one anyway.  Chris and I went the year we got married.  It could have been our honeymoon of sorts as we had a destination wedding with all our family along for the ride for our actual wedding/honeymoon.  What a blast it was, we really enjoyed our trip to Walt Disney World. We swore we would bring our future children when they were old enough.  As luck would have it we conceived our first son on the way back from Disney when an ice storm kept us in Ohio for a few days. 

For a few years now we have been talking about the trip but something always came up, lay offs, renos, weddings in Mexico.  Last month Chris put his foot down (in his ever so gentlemanly way) and said it was time to make the trip.  So here we are 45 days later and the trip is planned, the bags are packed and the only thing that is left to do is tell the boys.  The boys still don't know.   I don't know how I kept it a secret... actually to be honest I had an ingenious strategy..... I kept yelling "surprise" at them randomly to get it off my chest.  They think I am a little off my rocker anyway so it worked out.

I must say I don't know how they haven't figured it out.  Maybe it was a boy thing but they didn't pay me any attention. I have been doing everything pretty much in front of their eyes. And I have been doing a lot of things, from designing custom mickey t shirts to making mickey cookie pops to crafting up some fun fake boarding passes and itineraries.  Yeah, I went way over the top and gave myself too much to do...the joys of being a SAHM.....but it was so much fun!  I put my Silhouette Cameo to some serious work these past few weeks.

Tomorrow is the big reveal when we get to yell surprise for real and let them know "we are going to Disney tomorrow!!!".  When they wake up in the morning  a surprise will be waiting for them.  But I am not going to share how we did it... you can wait to see the video.


T-shirts for their trip to Hollywood studios Star Tours.  Each boy has their own lightsaber design with three unique lightsaber handles and colours on their shirts


"Vacation dollars" money holder and scrapbook for them to fill up


book mark, luggage tags and sketch book for each of them....because we know wherever we go there needs to be something they can draw in.


Boarding passes and itinerary holder


Inside itinerary holder with the passes and a customized itinerary with hotel info, park info and our schedule.




2 comments:

  1. Coolest Mom award goes to.....YOU!!!
    I saw a video awhile ago of a Mom suprising her kids with a trip to Disney and it cemented my decision that we HAVE to do it with Sloan...the problem is...I can't wait! I've been begging Matt to go NOW! but it's true, it will be more fun when she can really enjoy it! lol
    Have a GREAT trip! With swag like that you are off to a wonderful start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joelene!!!! I think I really just gave myself more work to do.... boys don't seem to notice the little things :D.
    I think that it is probably a magical time whenever you go! Besides she can go now for you and then go back again when she will remember!

    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete