Art and other stuff

Monday, December 13, 2010

Snow day

Today is a snow day!!!  Roads are closed across our county.  Chris is like a kid waiting for Christmas morning when the weather gets rough here.  He wakes up anxious to check the work phone line for severe weather advisories telling him that he can stay home.  Today the roads are closed so he has a snow day.    We started the day outside enjoying the winter weather.   While Chris cleared out the driveway the boys and my mom I took them out back to a creek to toboggan.  After the boys went back inside Chris started a fire and we sat around the fire pit with my parents. Snow days are precious so we tend to use our day to it's fullest.  It is always a extra special treat to have Chris home unexpectedly.

I love snow!!!  I can't say I love winter because it would be wholly dependant on where I was in the world and whether winter included snow.   If it is cold there must be snow! Some of my most fond memories are building tunnels through 3 ft or 4 ft of snow in northern Ontario and even sometimes sliding down the drifts that reached the roof of our one story home.   Building forts and snowball fights never get old.  Throwing them at the kids now brings a whole new level of fun to it as adults. It can be quite a good release to ping my 11 year old with a snowball. 

Coming back inside to the warmth of the house is all that much better.  Today after lunch Chris sat down to play a board game with the kids and play Guitar Hero World Tour together while I began my long overdue post to this blog.  Snow days are great!

No comments:

Post a Comment