Art and other stuff

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

More snowy days

Chris is in bliss!  We are on a second full snow day here with road closures all around us. Good thing we did groceries on Sunday.  It is a good reminder to get my emergency food bin stocked again for this year. 

It has been such a pleasure having him home to hang out with us. I don't grow tired of his company.  It has always been that way for us.  When we first met in College being in the same program meant we spent a lot of time together and then we landed jobs with the same company often working in the same location together.  I enjoy being near him and I think I can say the same for his desire to be near me. We can certainly be apart without falling apart but we can be together just as easily.  

Today was a fun day filled with Gingerbread houses and crafts.  We sat by the fire outside and with as much cheese as we could muster we belted out Christmas tunes.  It is feeling like the holidays as I sit by the tree in the library in all its lighted glory.  The tree is particularly beautiful this year.   The boys set it up and decorated it all on their own which I think makes it so much more special for me.  I had asked them to set it up with plans to decorate it together but they were on a roll insisting that no one come in to see it until they were finished.  It was actually hard for me. I like my tree to look pretty and had even bought some mesh garland for it this year so I was worried but sucked it up and let them go at it. At the end of it all they proudly led us all in for the big reveal with the lights out, my parents included.  When they turned the lights on it was just beautiful.  They had filled the tree full with only glass Christmas balls and colourful lights. It could not have been more perfect.  

These are the days that I cherish.  The boys are old enough to do things for themselves and young enough to still ask for help.  They are mature and talk things through without the pretense of knowing everything.  They have a curiosity and energy that is wonderful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment