Art and other stuff

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Bag Boy

Hanging out with my three boys is amazing!  I really do enjoy being out and about with all three of them.  When they were little I would slip the youngest in a sling and then the other two would each take a hand. It was funny how many suggestions I got about where to get a good double stroller. I would smile and thank them with fond thoughts of the one I had just donated to charity.   It was busy sometimes but always an adventure.  The more we went out together the easier it became.

Being they were so close in age there was always a baby who needed my near constant presence.  It was rare to get out of the home one on one time with Seamus once Liam was born and with either of them once Eoin was born.  As they have grown older it is rare to get them to want to come out with me without one of their brothers.   Last night however I invited Liam out to lunch with me today and he excitedly agreed.  His pick was Tim Horton's.  We do not have many options here.   It was nice to be able to spend some time just with him.  Often times I forget how quickly Liam is maturing.  Seamus is the ever helpful child leaving little room for the Liam and Eoin to shine.  Although at the grocery store it is Liam who is usually the most enjoys emptying the cart and filling grocery bags.  This became obvious to me today as we shopped after our lunch.   Without the other two I realized seeing him work so diligently that it is always his face at both the loading and packing end of the cash.   The manager of the store was ringing us through today and made Liam's day when she asked him  to come back to her in a few years for a job.    I have no doubt in 5 1/2 years Liam will be on her door expecting her to hold up her offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment